Deepavali lehiyamLadduMathriMultinuts chikki

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR DIWALI SWEETS AND SAVOURIES

Friday, December 26, 2008

My gurus in carnatic music

At the age of 7, my first guru was Smt.Andal. She was a violinist. She contributed much towards my basics in carnatic music till varnam. My next guru was Sri. Palaniappa gounder in Coimbatore. He was a great murugan devotee. He taught us many keerthanams .Also many tiruppugazhgal. He was the lyricist for many murugan songs and also he set tunes for tiruppugazh. You can hear me singing his songs in the following link: http://www.kaumaram.com/shanthi.One more important thing. I have tuned the Pamban Swamigal's "thiruvadi thuthi"in the above website.. My next guru is my mother Smt. Vijayalakshmi . She is a very good singer . Both myself and my sister used to sing together. Maani bhagavathar from kerala was our next guru. He taught us good keerthanais and he played a main role for voice culture. Shri.K.V.Nataraja bhagavathar of Coimbatore, an eminent vidwan, was our next guru. He taught us many kritis of TRINITY, TIRUPPAVAI,TIRUVEMBAVAI etc. Even now, I go to his house on Vijayadasami day to get his blessings.Sri. Chandrasekara bhagavathar, of pandanallur paramparai made me sing after a gap of 20 years. He loves me as his daughter. I dedicate this post to all my gurus who have tuned me to this level. I am grateful to my grandparents, parents and my husband who are still encouraging me in my music.

2 comments:

  1. Just listened to ur songs in Kaumaram.com.It was very nice to hear. Thensiruvalur photos were really very captivating. Well done.
    Keep continuing ..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to know about your musical journey.
    I wish you to share your good work in music,divine and social.

    May god bless you with more in all the way in your long journey.

    ln.raghavan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete