Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
A young man asked Socrates the secret to success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and ducked him into the water. The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled his head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, 'What did you want the most when you were there?" The boy replied, "Air." Socrates said, "That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it." There is no other secret.
A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
1 = ONDRU - ஒன்று - one
10 = PATHU - பத்து - ten
100 = NOORU - நூறு - hundred
1,000 = AAYIRAM - ஆயிரம் - thousand
10,000 = PATHTHAYIRAM - பத்தாயிரம் - ten thousand
100,000 = LATCHAM - நூறாயிரம் - hundred thousand
1,000,000 = PATHU LATCHAM - பத்து நூறாயிரம் - one million
10,000,000 = KODI - கோடி - ten million
100,000,000 = ARPUTHAM - அற்புதம் - hundred million
1,000,000,000 = NIGARPUTHAM - நிகற்புதம் - one billion
10,000,000,000 = KUMBAM - கும்பம் - ten billion
100,000,000,000 = KANAM - கணம் - hundred billion
1,000,000,000,000 = KARPAM - கற்பம் - one trillion
10,000,000,000,000 = NIKARPAM - நிகற்பம் - ten trillion
100,000,000,000,000 = PATHUMAM - பதுமம் - hundred trillion
1,000,000,000,000,000 = SANGGAM - சங்கம் - one zillion
10,000,000,000,000,000 = VELLAM - வெள்ளம் - ten zillion
100,000,000,000,000,000 = ANNIYAM - அந்நியம் - hundred zillion 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 = ARTTAM - அர்ட்டம் - ???
10,000,000,000,000,000,000 = PARARTTAM - பரர்ட்டம் - ??? 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 = POORIYAM- பூறியம் - ??? 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = MUKKODI - முக்கோடி - ???
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = MAHAYUGAM - மகாயுகம் - ???
பவித்ரா ராமஸ்வாமி இது பற்றி சில தகவல்கள் கொடுத்துள்ளார். மேலும் அறிய இங்கே சொடுக்கவும். நன்றி பவித்ரா. ஹஹ்ஹா!! இப்போது தமிழ் எண்கள் பற்றித்தெரிந்தவர்கள் சொல்லுங்களேன்!! ப்ளீஸ்!!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR THOSE OVER FORTY YEARS OLD !!!!
A friend of mine sent me this message as a mail- forward. It was really excellent and I thought, it will be useful for everyone when they reach forty. ENJOY LIFE AS IT IS AND PEACE OUT !!!!
1. Focus on enjoying people, not on indulging in or accumulating material things.
2. Plan to spend whatever you have saved. You deserve to enjoy it and the few healthy years you have left. Travel if you can afford it. Don't leave anything for your children or loved ones to quarrel about. By leaving anything, you may even cause more trouble when you are gone.
3. Live in the here and now, not in the yesterdays and tomorrows. It is only today that you can handle. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not even happen.
4. Enjoy your grandchildren (if you are blessed with any) but don't be their full time baby sitter. You have no moral obligation to take care of them. Don't have any guilt about refusing to baby sit anyone's kids, including your own grandkids. Your parental obligation is to your children. After you have raised them into responsible adults, your duties of child-rearing and babysitting are finished. Let your children raise their own offspring.
5. Accept physical weakness, sickness and other physical pains. It is a part of the aging process. Enjoy whatever your health can allow.
6. Enjoy what you are and what you have right now. Stop working hard for what you do not have. If you do not have them, it's probably too late.
7. Just enjoy your life with your spouse, children, grandchildren and friends. People, who truly love you, love you for yourself, not for what you have. Anyone who loves you for what you have will just give you misery.
8. Forgive and accept forgiveness. Forgive yourself and others.. Enjoy peace of mind and peace of soul.
9. Don't be afraid of death. It's a natural part of the life cycle. So, prepare yourself not for death but for a new life with the Almighty.
10. Be at peace with your Creator.. For... He is all you have after you leave this life.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
As already said, Sree Guruvayoorappan is my Ishta Deivam and we drove to Guruvayoor on 28th March, on the eve of my birthday. The konna trees were in full bloom throughout Kerala. I was surprised!!! Does the trees know about Vishu( new year)?!!! I felt that the flowers were getting ready to be a part of the Lord's pooja. My memories went back to my childhood. My neighbour will start the arrangements the previous day night, with coins, vellari, konnapoo, rice, vetrilai(betel leaves), paakku, Narayaneeyam, Uruli, mirror etc. alongwith Lord Krishna photo. They used to invite me for the kaineetam and I will run to their house for "kaineetam". It was some 25 ps. coins or so, I couldn't remember, but my happiness had no bounds. To know the story about konnapoo and vishu read the post here.
HAPPY TAMIL NEW YEAR TO ALL
Saturday, January 30, 2010
KEYS TO HAPPY LIFE
By Author Unknown
1. Compliment 3 people everyday!
2. Watch a sunrise.
3. Be the first to say "namaskaar"
4. Treat everyone as you want to be treated.
5. Live beneath your means.
6. Forget the "Joneses".
7. Never give up on anybody - miracles happen!
8. Remember someone's name.
9. Be kinder than you have to be.
10. Wish not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
11. Be tough-minded, but tender hearted.
12. Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
13. Keep your promises.
14. Leave everything better than you found it.
15. Show cheerfulness even when you don't feel it.
16. Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do.
17. Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years.
18. When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone's day.
19. Don't rain on other people's parades.
20. Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
Monday, January 25, 2010
This is a children’s club run by me .
WHAT IS NANDAVANAM?
NANDAVANAM in Tamil, is the garden where different flowers blossom for the daily pooja of The Almighty. This NANDAVANAM unites all children in serving The Almighty and mankind. NANDAVANAM is a forum for children to discover the divinity within them. NANDAVANAM enables children to learn moral values and culture in an enjoyable manner and make good friends. The forum also develops a sense of service to mankind, and teaches our heritage. The children brought up in this way will learn good moral values and principles and will realize the spark within themselves and grow with positive thoughts and spirituality.
Activities include social, spiritual, intellectual and physical development of the children.
For ex:- Stories, bhajans, slokas, quiz, games & sports, competitions etc.
SPECIAL EVENTS & COMMUNITY SERVICE:
Celebrates various festivals and teaches the meaning behind the festivals.
a) Service to the needy is the most important of all.
b) extending voluntarily service in Senior Citizen's Homes, orphanages, helpage homes, etc.,
c) Actively participating in National festivals and sowing the seed of patriotism in children.
As part of our events, Republic day was celebrated by hoisting the National Flag in the nearby grounds and was filled with Desabhakthi. The children were encouraged to be creative and positive in their activities. The program also provided the opportunity for parents and children to visit and learn about NANDAVANAM.
The children put kolam yesterday night with great enthusiasm.
Stray dogs doesn't know the hard work of the children.
Children pin our National Flag to each other with fun and love.
Singing National Anthem after variety programmes.
And, I am here with my children without whom I would not have been able to do it.